Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The problem with middle-age

I am assuming, of course, that I will live into my eighties. That is, if my head doesn't explode one day! These are the things I find hard about "middle-age":
1. Acne and wrinkles; seriously, when will it end?
2. Being up at night with a pre-schooler who has the flu, and then getting up at the crack of dawn to wake up seminary kids
3. Tantrums from both ends of the spectrum--preschool through junior high (I am not including Andy in this, because he very rarely gets that upset.)
4. Having kids who want me to be involved in every aspect of their lives, and kids who don't want me involved in any aspect of their lives, but definitely need me to be involved--or to at least drive them everywhere!
5. Being told at least once a day, when seen with all the kids, "I didn't know you had older kids! or I didn't know you had younger kids!" Or just being asked flat out if they are all mine. Of course, they are! Could anyone else make me crazy?

No comments:

Post a Comment