Friday, May 1, 2009

On my honor

Okay, I love Scouts. I think it is a great program! My mother wanted my sister and I to marry Eagle Scouts. (We did, by the way). Our three brothers are all Eagle Scouts. All my brothers-in-law on either side are Eagle Scouts, including all 5 of Vaughn's brothers! But can I tell you just how much I detest sewing on Scout patches? Maybe it is because there is some unwritten code that you can't sew a patch on unless it is within 30 minutes of the Scout meeting, and, by the way, you must also replace all the troop patches, leadership patches, and line up all the merit badges perfectly. Maybe it's just me. I find myself cursing the sewing machine, the shirt, my son, and the scouting program before all is said and done. On the other hand, I am really grateful that I have a son and husband involved in scouting. I just have one suggestion: When they are Cubs, could they start work on a sewing merit badge (Eagle-required) that entails them sewing on (and picking off) each and every one of their badges, patches, and do-dads! That would be a huge accomplishment and several less wrinkles on my forehead!

4 comments:

  1. How odd. I just had a dream last night about sewing merit badges on a sash- no joke! I guess I was subconsciously feeling my loved ones' distress...

    ReplyDelete
  2. so you havn't discovered the special patch glue, at the scout store ? LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. patch glue....that's interesting....how do you get it off when you need to change something though? I was thinking that they should just make them iron on....although that usually doesn't stick very well....

    ReplyDelete